Top's Titanic Test:
A Thoroughly Tough, Tricky, and Titillating Tournament!
December 4, 2021
Registration opens on: October 31, 2021 @ 7:00 PM · Registration closes on: December 01, 2021 @ 9:00 PM
Times are local to America/New_York timezone.
Match starts: December 04, 2021 @ 8:30 AM · Match ends: December 04, 2021 @ 3:30 PM
Location: GPS Location 36.865899 - 79.8671830
This match is designed to be a thorough test of many components of the precision rifle discipline. There will be a focus on accuracy, marksmanship, safety, and learning. Expect stages that would fit in at a PRS match, a field match, or a hunting scenario.
This match is not designed to be cleanable, but will provide accessible feedback on various skillsets.
This is not a great first match for a beginner long range shooter. If a shooter has a couple matches or plenty of experience under their belt, that'll be fine and these shooters are encouraged to attend.
Match flow will be similar to a PRS style match, with multiple squads of several shooters shooting consecutive stages. Shooters will be expected to RO and spot within their squads for most stages.
- Round count will be between 95 and 105rds.
- Zero range will be open 8:00 am.
- Squads will begin on a random stage (Squad 1 won't start on Stage 1)
- Match will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. and end at approximately 2:30 p.m. Awards and handshakes and jawing will likely result in actual departure from the range around 4:30-5:00p.m.
Water will be provided. Bring your own lunch and snacks. Portajohns on site. Dress for the weather. Rain or shine.
- Precision rifle, ammunition, ear & eye protection, tripod, spotting scope/binos, rangefinder, sling, positional bag, two magazines, ballistic calculator, dope cards.
- Equipment sharing is absolutely allowed and unrestricted.
- Any stage-specific equipment limitations will be noted in match or stage briefs.
Squad 1 is a SUPPRESSOR ONLY squad. If you'll be shooting suppressed, and wish to shoot with similarly decent, civilized, responsible Americans who shoot suppressed rifles, please register in Squad 1. Mavericks count as suppressed only if they use the additional 1" baffle.
If there's not enough interest, that idea will get canned and you better bring good ear pro.
Additional info will be emailed prior to the start of the match.
Heavy - Unlimited.
Light - 19lbs or under with everything attached. If attachable bags/plates are to be used in a stage, these must be included in weight category. ANYTHING that's attached to the rifle for any stage for the match must be included in the weight class, including bipod, sling, dope card, etc.
Semi Auto - Semiautomatic firearm, no other restrictions.
General match, with the following divisions:
Light, Heavy, Gas Gun